Tuesday, January 21, 2020

January 21, 2020

Hi everybody!
This is the first week of my last transfer. Oh how time flies... I picked up my cute new trainee from the airport last Thursday and these last few days have been a ball! We get along really well and laugh all the time! She is from Raymond and is just such an amazing missionary already! I already have so much love for her!
This week was the THIRD week in a row that church was canceled due to weather. Oh my heck. All I want to do is take the sacrament and see the members!! But we did visit a member this week who said something really wise. There is a reason why we are supposed to be making church more home centered. There are times coming in the near future where it is going to be harder to get to church, so we better know well how to have a spiritually uplifting experience in our own homes, when outside sources prevent it from happening. I am grateful for modern day revelation. I love President Nelson and his wisdom and kindness. I am already really looking forward to General Conference this upcoming April. 
We had a really great lesson with our friend Sylvia. We showed her the Rome Italy temple tour and she absolutely loved it. And then the moment came. 2 days out in the field people and my sweet little greenie asked Sylvia if she wanted to be baptized and she said yes!!! I was SO proud of sister Goodwin! That was not planned. She simply felt a prompting and followed it. We walked out of there on cloud 9! Now, she hasn't picked a solid date yet, so she is not officially on date but, it is something that she wants to work toward. I love Sylvia so very much. She is a sweet daughter of God and I just know he loves her so much. We also had a nice lesson with Carol and she told us that she wants to come to church! We really hope she does.
This week after sister Livingstone left was a bit slower because like everybody and their dog has been sick! Most of the people we are teaching have been and a lot of the members too. So we did a lot of knocking and pass bys. Not the most fun, but it's part of the work!
Sorry there is not much more to report. But I am happy and healthy and loving the mission and my new comp!
I know that the church is true. Christ lives and loves us. This mission experience has taught me more than I bargained for and I am forever grateful to my Heavenly Father for that. I know that he loves his children, because I have felt it so many times, for so many people, myself included.
I love you all!
Love sister Bates

No comments:

Post a Comment