Tuesday, January 7, 2020

January 7, 2020

Another great week:) 
This Sunday was a bit odd because we got a bad snow storm the night before and so church got canceled. Kind of a bummer because Brian was all ready to come again! Next week for sure. But because the roads were so bad, our district leader counseled us to stay off of them. So we stayed inside... literally all day except for when we went out for 2 minutes to take out the recycling. Not because we needed to, but because we were literally going crazy... we called everyone we could, cleaned out our areabook, and did a bunch of other busy work. We also went through all of our ensigns and cut out all the pictures of Jesus and put them up on the wall. We literally covered an entire wall people. But it looks really cool! Also our bathtub had a leak under it apparently and it kind of flooded the poor lady downstairs... so she and our landlord came and knocked on our door to tell us when the plumber was coming and it was really weird. I have very seldom had anyone knock on MY door as a missionary! I'm always the knocker not the knockee! So that weirded us both out lol. 
Last night was incredibly cool! We went to visit this cute family that the sisters had met on exchanges and we officially picked them up! Also we stopped by this cute old lady named Marlene and picked her up too! She met us right in and we helped her put a puzzle together while we talked. She was super funny. I love cute old ladies. They are the majority of my friends at this point and I love it:) so that's 5 people in one night!! It was awesome! Things are moving along and the work is progressing in Greenwood! It feels so good to see the fruits of our labors and to see how the Lord has used me and my companion as instruments in his hands.

We weren't able to see Darlene because she got sick with the same flu that seems to be getting everyone else sick! But we are really excited to teach her the Plan of Salvation!
I'm super excited because this time next week I will know where I am going to be for my last transfer. C'est vraiment fou... I can't believe the end is coming so quickly! This transfer had FLOWN by! So I can only imagine what next transfer is going to look like. Sister Livingstone and I aren't sure what's gonna happen. Because everybody knows where I'm going in 6 weeks, but she has just one more transfer than me so if she stays here next transfer, shes probably going to die here. That's a little bit sad because we both miss French, but at the same time, I dont think I could get back into it now. I've gone too long without speaking it and it would take me a whole transfer just to get comfortable again! So I am thinking that I will end my mission here in Greenwood. I would really love that. This place and these people have my heart.
I am so grateful that the Lord called me on this mission. It has taught me exactly what I needed and more. I have been reflecting over the past year a lot. I am changed. When I compare who I am now to who I was then, it makes me grateful for all of the hardships and all of the blessings. I have also been thinking a lot about the future for obvious reasons! I am so excited to take it on with the new tools I have now. 
I love being a missionary so much. I love serving my God. I know Christ lives and that this is his church on the earth I love you all! Have a great week!
Sister Bates




No comments:

Post a Comment