Tuesday, January 28, 2020

January 28, 2020

Hi all!
I am so truly blessed! This week had some ups and downs but I am very happy:) I just love sister Goodwin! She is such a personality and we just laugh all the time! I am thankful to be her trainer. She just has so much courage and really cares about people and the work. She felt prompted to ask Glen to be baptized on the 15th of Feb. and so she did it. And he said YES. We almost got dropped by our friend Darlene because she was going through some hard times, but then that sweet girl bore just the most pure and heartfelt testimony and she decided to keep meeting with us. She came to church the next day and had the most amazing time. She felt the spirit so strongly and she told us later that she related to all the talks and things that were said. The members love her and the way she was talking with them, it just felt like she was a member already! It brought so much joy to our little hearts. Oh my goodness! 
We also stopped by this guy named Mark. He was taught a year ago and said that he would like it if we came back. Sister Goodwin seems to form connections with everybody. On several occasions, she has said exactly what someone else needed to hear, or shared an experience that relates so perfectly to that person. I can already see how the Lord has placed her in certain people's lives to bless them. It is always easier to see that in others. I hope that I will be able to look back and see how I touched others' lives for good as well. 
On kind of a lower note, we came out of a lesson to find our car had been hit... hit and run. My door doesn't open very well because of the dent. But other than that, it still drives fine. For some reason, whenever something great happens or is about to happen, (like Glen getting put on date) Satan attacks my car! It happened the week before I left on my mission too! I had like 3 flat tires! Maybe Heavenly father is hinting that I need to be a bit more car savvy. Anyways, it doesn't matter too much. Thank goodness car insurance is a thing haha.
Man, I just love this area. The members here are such kind and good hearted people and I am grateful to know them. It's going to be really hard to say goodbye! And not just to them, but to this lifestyle. I love being a missionary. It's hard but I love it! I think about going home and get a little nervous sometimes because for 18 months, I have had a purpose. When I go home I'll have to find a new one. I have been focusing a lot on my blessing and trying to figure out what the next steps are in my life. I have hope for everything that is to come. If there is one thing that my mission taught me, it's that God loves his children. I know that he is not going to leave me to fend for myself. He has taught me how to seek him these last 18 months. That is the greatest gift I could have asked for. I know what it feels like when he speaks to me. I can recognize his hand in my life. I can feel the spirit guiding me. I am so grateful for that.
I really do love my Savior so much. I understand better than I ever have what his Atonement truly means. I am so grateful to know him personally. I love him.
I hope that all of you can feel how much he loves you. 
Have a great week!
Sister Bates


No comments:

Post a Comment