Tuesday, December 10, 2019

December 10, 2019

Hello everyone!
Well this week has been pretty crazy! It was really funny, transfers took place last Thursday and sister Livingstone and I thought that we were going to get away with having a normal day, buuut. We got a call at about 8:15 in the evening from the APs telling us that we had to drive to Halifax and stay with the Sackville sisters so that we could drive them to the airport the next morning. We were like... OKay! SO we went home, packed a day bag and drove there. The Sackville sisters were whitewashing out and elders would be coming into the apartment, so we ended up cleaning and clearing the apartment out and helping them finish packing until about 12:30 (That is REALLY late in missionary standards let me tell ya!) And then we got up at 4🙃 It was great though because I got to say goodbye to sister Clark and sister Burton! I love those two ladies! They served such honorable missions and I know that the Lord is so pleased with their efforts. We saw our sweet sister Bromley off to Ottawa to be an STL (woot!) and sister Sanchez off to Montreal to whitewash! I am so proud of them! After that, we made the drive home, and then completely crashed for a very needed 3 hour nap, haha. So that was a very interesting few days! WE had a super fun Relief Society activity on Saturday where sister Butler taught us how to make chocolates! Oh my goodness she has such a talent! They were divine! she gave us so many and they are already gone... But life is meant to be enjoyed! Sunday night we were encouraged to watch the Christmas devotional, which on this side of the coast, started at 9:00 haha! SO we stayed up late many times this week! It was fun though, we were able to watch it at our ward mission leader's house.
There were many times this week that both sister Livingstone and I felt very spirit lead. It was interesting because usually it was just one of us and then the other had the faith to follow. There was a lady that we knocked into this one evening who was not interested at all, but then she just started crying at the door and told us that the first anniversary of her grandson's death was coming up. She told us that she felt like God sent us to her at that moment and I think she was right. We ended up saying a prayer with her right there on her doorstep. It was a very sweet experience. A couple days later after the chocolate making activity, we decided that we should stop by and give her a few. She was happy to see us and she told us that she had been sharing the Christ Child video with everyone she knew! We were so excited about that because we know how strongly it brings the spirit.
Last night, we had a couple of minutes before we had to meet with a member and so we decided to knock this door. The lady was super nice and she told us that many years ago she had actually lived with a member family and was SO close to being baptised. It was just so cool! We hope to start working with her:)
I really know that the Lord is super aware of each of us individually and he has so much in store for each one of us. There is a line in one of my favorite songs, Seeing for the first time, by Britt Nicole where she says 
"How many years did you plan this moment here, to show me that you loved me?"
I know that God loves us. I have felt it and it's real. I know that he has so many plans in the works to show us that He loves us and to bring us unto him. I love him!
I hope you guys have a great week!
Love, sister Bates

No comments:

Post a Comment