Tuesday, February 18, 2020

February 18, 2020

Hello there!
Well... This is it. Last normal week as a missionary. But what even is a normal week? I feel like I haven't had one of those in a hot minute haha! This was a good one! We were able to go to Annapolis yesterday because we had to pick up the Yarmouth sisters anyways for our district activity today! So we got to have supper with the Musgraves. They are a family from England! Oh I could listen to them talk all day! They were so sweet and fed us cottage pie! Mmmm:) Then we got to see the Larges. Oh how I love that family. We also visited the Gouchers. I love them too!! I just love everybody! It is starting to feel so real that I am not going to be seeing them anymore! I can't believe it is coming to an end so fast! Anyways, we also saw Darlene this week too and she is doing so well. She prays like she's been a member for years. I can't wait for the day that she gets baptised. 
The branch had a family Valentines day dance that we got to go to for a little while. There were several non members that we were able to talk with! It was great! We also had a very inspired and very spontaneous lesson with Marlene. We taught her the full restoration and she thought that it was very cool. She said that she believed every bit of it. I have a really good feeling about her. We plan on teaching the Plan of Salvation next. She recently lost her husband so we feel like that will really resonate with her. Other than that we have been doing a lot of pass bys. It lead to some really cool experiences with some really cool people. We were able to set some return appointments and have some really good conversations.
Also, we got to go on exchanges with the STLs! This was my last one.. man. It was bittersweet. We saw some miracles. There was a family that we decided to pass by later in the evening and the daughter that they had been in contact wasn't there, but her mom and brother were. The mom didn't speak a whole ton of  English, but the brother, Dimitri, did. We had just the coolest teaching moment with him. He said that he was feeling frustrated about how these days it feels like peoples hearts aren't in churches at all. It's all like a business. So we taught the Restoration and it made sense to him. He kept asking questions as we were trying to leave (it was getting late and we had to go to make curfew). It was a good problem to have! I love watching people's understanding grow. It is true that when people who are prepared to receive the gospel hear it for the first time, it has a familiar ring to it. 
I am so grateful to be an ambassador of Christ. I had a really sweet experience while sharing my favorite scripture and my testimony with a member. And it just hit me all over again how much my Savior loves me. These are the experiences that have built my testimony to what it is today and the reason that I can never deny. Jesus really is our rock. He really is our safe place to go when it gets too hard. I just know that stronger than I ever have. I want to live the rest of my life this way, because it is the happiest and most intelligent way. I love my Savior!
Have a lovely week everyone! Love you all!
Sister Bates

No comments:

Post a Comment