Tuesday, July 2, 2019

July 2, 2019

Salut tout le monde! This has been a great week! One of change for sure. President and sister Phillips flew home and President and sister Low flew in. I am really going to miss the Phillips and their wisdom and fire. But I know that the Lord is behind this mission merge and so I am behind President Low all the way. We got to have interviews with them. It was so cool to meet them in person. I know that they are truly called of God to be mission president and wife for the Canada Montreal Mission. I know that they are where they are supposed to be and I am where I am supposed to be too. I am still LOVING Ottawa! It was so much fun to spend Canada here in the capital! Unfortunately, our apartment faces the wrong way, so we didn't get to see the fireworks😢, but we sure heard them! haha Sister Johnson and are still doing a lot of bus contacting. I have a lot of faith that we will find more people to teach soon. I know that the Lord is preparing people and I know that we will find them when they are ready. Until then, we are plenty busy talking to everyone and working with our super awesome recent converts. I love these young adults. They are so stellar and so elite! The stake put on a young adult conference this last weekend. I got to see some youth that I haven't seen since I was in my first area in Quebec! It was wonderful! I got to practice my French for like 5 minutes! haha! On Sunday they had a special testimony meeting. It was powerful. There is a real power in pure doctrine and pure testimony simply stated. I got to go on exchanges again, this time with sister Hicken. She is going home at the end of this transfer, just like sister Johnson so I didn't feel like I would have a lot of advice to give her. But we had a good conversation over a really good ice cream sundae! She is such an amazing person and I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to get to know her. There are so many people here that I have so much love for. Sorry, this email was a short one! But doing great and loving my mission so much! I truly know that the Lord is in the details. I know of his love. I have felt it stronger than ever before. I know that everything, truly everything he does is to help us progress. We are his work. How grateful I am that he is allowing my imperfect self to take part in this great work. I love him. I know he lives. I hope that you all have just the best week and that you are able to see the hand of the Lord in your lives. I promise that as you look for it, he will give you the eyes to see it. I love you all!! Love, sister Bates

No comments:

Post a Comment