Wednesday, December 19, 2018

December 19, 2018

Bonjour Family! What a week! Transfers happened and i am still here in Quebec City! My new companion sister Cameron is sweet and and quiet. we will get along great i can tell. Sister Lawrence got transfered to Longuile Sud, right off of Montreal. She is going to be an STL! Im so proud of her! This week has been so crazy though, saying goodbye to people and visiting everyone! The days have been full! Also I am a tech sister now so i am part of a commmitte that helps post things on the missionary facebook page. That will be a lot of fun! We also had a service project at the beginning of the week. All of the missionaries got to help paint this community center for our light the world iniciative, light your community. It was seriously a blast! The people were so nice and asked questions about what we did as missionaries. It was such a cool experience, and really good seeds planted! They were very apprecative and we were so grateful for the oppertunity! We also went on exchanges. It was so much fun! I got to be with sister Jules. She is so fun!! I love being around her! we got to teach this awesome guy named Schiller. He is so cool and so open to learnign more. The ward Christmas party was also this week! Man these Quebecers really know how to throw a party! It was so lovely! The theme was international so they had foods from all sorts of ethnicities. It was so cool to try all the different cultures. Thats one of the best things about being here! the diversity is beautiful! On sister Lawrenece`s last day in Quebec, we went to visit a lot of ward members. holy smokes this ward is amazing and so so kind to missionaries. It is such a blessing! The only problem was that we had 3 DAs back to back. I didnt know it was possible to be this full. I actually thought my stomach was going to burst! haha! But i really do have so much love for these people. For the members, for our amies, for strangers ive never met before. The love of Christ really is such a beautiful gift. I am so grateful that as a missionary it comes so easily. If everyone loved the way Christ loved, literally every problem in this world would be fixed. I am trying to make His love be the driving force for all that I do. I love Him. I am grateful for this short time I have to serve Him. I have a testiumony that he loves each person infinitely. I know that He will bring usthrough every situation He puts us in. and i know that we will emerge better from it. I love you all and i hope that you have the most joyous and spirit filled Christmas and that above all you will feel His love. It is the most wonderful feeling. Love, soeur Bates

No comments:

Post a Comment